American Solutions for Winning the Future is a unique non-partisan organization designed to rise above traditional gridlocked partisanship to provide real, significant solutions to the most important issues facing our country.
The massive spending bill making its way through Congress is not a real solution. It’s doing for the sake of doing, and not for the sake of reasonable result. Through good old fashioned “people first” thinking American Solutions is offering a clear and decisive alternative that creates jobs and rewards work, saving, and investment.
Here are the twelve critical points of the American Solutions for Jobs and Prosperity. If after reading these points you want to endorse the American Solutions alternative, or join in the discussion regarding the plan, visit American Solutions for winning the future and help spread the word.
- Payroll Tax Stimulus. With a temporary new tax credit to offset 50% of the payroll tax, every small business would have more money, and all Americans would take home more of what they earn.
- Real Middle-Income Tax Relief. Reduce the marginal tax rate of 25% down to 15%, in effect establishing a flat-rate tax of 15% for close to 9 out of 10 American workers.
- Reduce the Business Tax Rate. Match Ireland’s rate of 12.5% to keep more jobs in America.
- Homeowner’s Assistance. Provide tax credit incentives to responsible home buyers so they can keep their homes.
- Controlling Spending So We Can Move to a Balanced Budget. This begins with eliminating Congressional earmarks and wasteful pork-barrel spending.
- No State Aid Without Protection From Fraud. Require state governments to adopt anti-fraud and anti-theft policies before giving them more money.
- More American Energy Now. Explore for more American oil and gas and invest in affordable energy for the future, including clean coal, ethanol, nuclear power and renewable fuels.
- Abolish Taxes on Capital Gains. Match China, Singapore and many other competitors. More investment in America means more jobs in America.
- Protect Our Right to Vote in the Workplace. We must protect a worker’s right to decide by secret ballot whether to join a union.
- Replace Sarbanes-Oxley. This failed law is crippling entrepreneurial startups. Replace it with affordable rules that help create jobs, not destroy them.
- Abolish the Death Tax. Americans should work for their families, not for Washington.
- Invest in Energy and Transportation Infrastructure. This includes a new, expanded electric power grid and a 21st century air traffic control system that will reduce delays in air travel and save passengers, employees and airlines billions of dollars per year.